Today, the mechanics of the drafting task have largely been automated and accelerated by the use of computer-aided drawing systems (CAD). Technical drawing is used to communicate direction and specifics to a group of people who are creating something to explain how it works.
Technical Drawing can be used by engineers, contractors, plumbers, electricians, landscape architects and inventors, etc.
Any student who takes up technical drawing has an opportunity to study in the following engineering courses: civil engineering, mechanical engineering, architecture, electrical engineering, plumbing, quantitative surveying, etc.
AIMS OF TEACHING TECHNICAL DRAWING ARE TO ENABLE LEARNERS TO:
- Acquire graphic course required for studying engineering;
- Acquire the basic principles of draughts person;
- Develop the basic skills of draughts person;
- Develop the ability to transform orthographic to pictorial view and vice versa;
- Communicate effectively using graphics;
- Use the acquired knowledge for solving day-to-day engineering problems;
- Read and interpret working drawing, etc.
HEAD OF DEPARTMENT